Deciding to have a website designed for your business is a good move. Often clients have problem in hiring the best professional Freelance Web Designer who offers affordable web design solutions. In my article I have tried to provide as much vital details as possible which could help you in gaining an idea on the cost of setting up a website in Singapore.
Determining your needs
Before we jump into the costing section, lets first try to figure out what type of website suits your needs. Every industry is different, and though you think the website just has images, and the same set of content and the same contact form, it makes no sense whether I am a large scale or a small sized company. Well the fact is, it does matters.
We can categorize the business based on the below
- Small sized business
- Medium sized business
- Large scale business
- eCommerce business
Let’s see what will be the needs of the above business categories and what will the customers expect from these business websites.
- Small sized Business – As the name suggests, a small sized business will require a website with few basic functionality and a page to let the customers know who they are and what they offer. Though mostly the sales would have been by word of mouth, yet they need to have an online presence to showcase their contact numbers and their location.
- Medium sized Business – This kind of business has some awareness in the search engines, they wanted to showcase their services or products to the customers. May need few extra pages to write their blogs, customer reviews, contact forms and basic functionalities.
- Large scale Business – Maintaining a brand integrity is must for large scale business, hence a lot of custom design works along with custom functionalities are required to showcase their brand.
- Individual – As an individual, may be a blog, a portfolio is required to showcase their freelancing work or to kickstart a blog. However, it depends upon the individuals interest to start their presence with a basic website or a professional website.
- eCommerce Business – If you are selling products online you need a secure eCommerce website design that is very user friendly.
Websites serve various purposes and can be categorized diversely. I have provided the basic classification for better understanding. Visual appearance and attractiveness are top key features to drive in visitors.
Frequently asked Questions
When thinking of growing your business with website design and development, clients as such have more questions running in their mind. Affluent business doesn’t care much about investing to get the best out of professional freelancers, but not every business does this. When there is a limitation in investment amount for the startups then customers tend to look for affordable prices and offers in website design services. Few of the mostly asked questions
- Can I go for Web Design Packages?
- Is Low cost website design best than professional design website?
- Will my freelancer provide Singapore’s best web design packages?
- Any freelancers offering cheapest web design
- Can I hire cheap website design freelancers?
Know the rough estimate
If you are aware of the technologies like WordPress, HTML/CSS then knowing the effort your freelancer puts in your website helps you to evaluate whether the quote provided is reasonable or not.
Web Design A: Custom website design and development
Make the website from scratch based on your requirements. Freelancers providing this service is quite costlier and you have to search for professional freelance web designer who is offering affordable web design solutions. Normally this kind of website design starts from $3000, however not everyone charges more. Based on your requirements you can get unique designs at a much affordable price as well like Subraa. Contact your nearest web development freelancer to know about the costing and the break up procedure in website design.
Web Design B: Use a Drag and Drop Website Builders
If you are not a technology novice then you can also go for drag and drop website builders like WIX, Squarespace, Weebly etc. They are very easy to use and require less technical knowledge. The website builders usually manage the technical aspects like hosting and operating the website. However, there are some limitations in the website builders. You can get your website done for free from this website.
Web Design C: Customise readymade themes
If you are running on a budget or need a website design done within a day or 2, you can hire a freelancer who offers website theme customization to do the same for you or if you are technically good, you can purchase the theme from template monster, theme forest etc and get your website hosted. The website ranges from $400 based on the freelancer you hire.
Though this pricing guide is a general structure of the freelancers, professional freelance web designers may charge based on the expertise and also based on the functionality of the website. Website Design, Complexity, Functionality, SEO aspects also decide the pricing factor. You just need to ask the right questions to know how much your website will cost. Know more about your affordable web design freelancer, Subraa to learn about the custom website development. I will continue writing more about this topic in my subsequent blog articles.